Thursday, July 11, 2013

Philla Barkhorn - Day 10

Work in progress - Day 2 of sketching Alex. This doesn't really look like her and I am once again struggling with value. One day I hope to put it all together. Going back again and again is the only way to get better. I can now see how people get discouraged, I had a lot of beginners luck which kept me going for a long time. Now that I've begun to understand how far I have to go it is truly daunting. On the other hand, I am incredibly grateful to have to opportunity to draw at all. So thank you Alex, and thank you Monica for teaching me!

1 comment:

  1. These are well done, Philla. I'm glad you shared how you were feeling. I had the same thought the other day as I was drawing in my sketch book! Working daily on something other than what I typically do has made me realize how much practice I need on areas outside of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete