Monday, July 29, 2013

Pat Frank - Days 31-38

Busy week...and I have a few new sketches to share...some not bad...others, kind of scary! The sketches that are disappointing would be supremely better had I measured! aacck! So...here we go...

7/21/13 - A sunflower from a photo on "Paint My Photo.com"...

7/22/13 - Sketch of a pastel by one of my all-time favorite artists, Mary Cassatt...

7/23/13 - This is a sketch of (believe it or not) Cameron Diaz (taken from a magazine ad). I didn't measure...I eyeballed it while watching TV. Baaaad idea! her nose is just wrong wrong wrong!! No more...from now on, I measure...and measure...and measure some more!!

7/24/23 - From a photo on  "Paint My Photo.com"...I measured...and his eyes really ARE this big...and this wide-set! I love those cheeks!

7/25/13 - I spent this past weekend with my husband in NYC! And, get this...there was a fabulous bust in our hotel room...

So I sketched it...

7/26/13 - No sketch today! My first missed day since I started the Summer Sketchbook Challenge. BUT, I have a really good excuse! I spent the day with John Singer Sargent!! Seriously...I did!! There was a "once in a lifetime" exhibit of JSS watercolors at Brooklyn Museum...with a combined total of 90+ of his watercolors from both Boston and Brooklyn museums! Many of these works have not been on display for decades! So...needless to say, I was in awe!!!  

Here are a couple of Singer Sargent watercolors from the exhibit...they were breathtaking...and these photos definitely did NOT do them justice!! But, I just had to take a few photos!


And, of course, I found this stunning Mary Cassatt painting! You guessed it...I needed a photo...

7/27/13 - This is a "monkey" (in case you couldn't recognize it!) It was in one of the pictures in our hotel room...kind of weird...but fun!!

7/28/13 - And...here's a sketch that reminds me of someone in the 1960's who probably attended a Catholic High School, like I did! In reality...she's a figment of my imagination! But, I did a proper block in...and I measured!! So...a little better, I think!

And that's it for me!! Sorry for the long post and so many photos...but I just had to share some of the amazing museum pieces with you! Back soon!
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I love your drawings and the gorgeous JSS photos. What an inspiring post. How nice of the hotel to give you a bust...they knew you were coming...or maybe that sweet Gil told them :-))
    You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete