Monday, June 24, 2013

christina boy - finally started:

i got a small sketchbook today and realized during my first attempt, that i don't really have anything to sketch with - so i used my carpenter pencil and some other pens i had in my superman lunch box that keeps a bunch of random items in my shop.

first - a sketch of the view outside my studio after the rain today:
i have not sketched sketched in a very very long time. i am excited of getting back into it and trying to find some better sketching tools.

second - a detail sketch of something i needed to figure out while building some display cases:
i gather there will be quite a few of these - as they make out the majority of my sketching - either sketches of things i am working on or pieces i want to one day build. i will try to do more sketches of actual objects, as i obviously need the practice a lot

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love these. I feel like sketching is also a means to another end and I love seeing the sketches behind the work... It will definitely be fun to see yours over the summer. P.S. kinda jealous of the view out your studio. :)

    ReplyDelete