Saturday, June 29, 2013

Amy Donahue -- Buildings and thumbnails.

So here are a few from the last few days. 

This one was sketched while deciding an angle to paint this old abandoned house (and tire swing, can you spot it?) off Huguenot Springs Road. I ended up painting the location from a different angle.

Sketched this while sitting at Caturra, taking breaks from working on emails/finance/website. It's the Long and Foster building across Midlo Tnpk from Caturra.


Can this still count for a page in the ol' sketchbook? I was doing some thumbnails to decide what to paint this morning at the Woolridge Lake. My new easel arrived this week (I love it, set up is so quick) and I've been eager to take it outside to paint. I decided on the composition with the willow tree (see the circled bit of scribbles above). I also wrote down the quote of the day from the folks passing by commenting on my set up. It was, "No breakfast?? You've got the rest of the set up." :) I always get a kick out of what people have to say about a painter painting outdoors. Hehe.

 
Even though it's not a sketchbook page, here's my little panel painted from the sketch. The color temperature of the trees changed pretty drastically from the time I started to the time I finished -- 8:30ish to 10ish. Clouds disappeared the the sky was blue by the end. Shoulda readdressed the trees in the background, but oh well... maybe another time. I ran out of time & needed to be home to work out with the hubby.

I've been enjoying all your sketches. So inspiring and beautiful! Keep 'em coming!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amy! You've been a busy girl! Brilliant work!!

    ReplyDelete