Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 7 - Pat Frank

Hello everyone!! Today I decided to sketch a young woman's face. This was done after I spent some time watching a couple of videos by Stan Prokopenko on drawing heads. The technique is based on the work done by Andrew Loomis. You can check out all kinds of great drawing videos HERE (www.Proko.Com). Very informative...and very entertaining! So here's my first effort at drawing a head/face without a photo or model to work from...


I sort of surprised myself...me thinks it's not half bad!! I really like her "dreamy" eyes!! But now as I study the photo, I think they're a bit wide-set! arrggh!! I have my drawing lesson tomorrow, so I'll be getting some feedback from my very talented "portraitist" art teacher, Elizabeth Salim! She'll be surprised!! Seven sketches in a row!! I think this is my most consistent sketching since I started taking lessons 18 months ago!!

See you tomorrow with another sketch!
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Pat, this is fantastic!!! I can't wait to see it in person :-)
    Looking forward to seeing you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that link. Love your portrait!

    ReplyDelete